.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Faeries' Oracle

Thoughts and notions currently processing... I'll be using the Faeries' Oracle and other divination tools to consider various things--life, writing, play, love, and growing.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kinda in the woods, Pacific Northwest, United States

Author of the Faeries' Oracle, Moon Over Water, Sun Over Mountain, and a multitude of odds and ends. Coyote poet. Grandmother. General troublemaker and rattler of cages.

Monday, July 03, 2006

48 A Collective of Pixies

Card of the day:

Usually, I think of this collective as reminding me that I gotta do what I gotta do, so I might as well do it cheerfully and enjoy it. I tend to assume that they are talking about work, and certainly there is always work hanging around waiting to be done. This is a little different because I've been ill for a long while, work has been piling up and up and up, and there is still no energy to do it with, though I'm beginning to recover.

(I don't have a photo to go with this, but if I did, it would be something like wilted flowers and drooping grass.)

So, you can see why I first looked at the ernest faces on this card with a sinking feeling. Just about the time I was starting to flop around on the bottom, I realized that they were saying, "O! No! No! O!" I'm supposed to concentrate on getting well, not on getting work done. Work... well, it is always there.

I've been told this over and over, but today's message has finally gotten through. I need to do something more than force myself to avoid overdoing if I want to get better. If I'm going to be unwell anyway, I may as well just do it cheerfully and enjoy what I can of it. Enjoy the rest! Enjoy the quiet! Enjoy the solitude! Don't just take the time grudgingly, but embrace it. Don't feel guilty about lying there reading or sleeping. Enjoy it.

What a concept!

This has been a morning for turning ideas inside out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home