.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Faeries' Oracle

Thoughts and notions currently processing... I'll be using the Faeries' Oracle and other divination tools to consider various things--life, writing, play, love, and growing.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kinda in the woods, Pacific Northwest, United States

Author of the Faeries' Oracle, Moon Over Water, Sun Over Mountain, and a multitude of odds and ends. Coyote poet. Grandmother. General troublemaker and rattler of cages.

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Beltaine & Ilbe

Beltaine, the first of May, seems a good time to try to restart this. Rather than draw a card from the physical deck today, I drew one from my personal extended version of the cards in Second Life. The card I got for the day and the season was one of the original Faeries' Oracle deck: Ilbe the Retriever

The SL "cards" are different from the "real life" deck in that they are all words and no pictures. They may also differ in (usually small) ways from the book. This one says:

Ilbe the Retriever is the manager of the Office of Onclaimed Property Stuff (OOPS). He know where all the lost things are... dreams, hopes, ideas, things. If you've lost it, he knows.

He is trying to remind you of something you've lost - a hope or a dream that you believe gone forever. However, he is offering it back to you for reconsideration. *He* thinks you can do something with it now...

The way may not be obvious, but his clever nose has scented a path, a potential opening for bringing this into your life.

Perhaps, he might be saying that it is just waiting for you to open your heart and accept it, but more likely you will need to actually work for it. Be faithful. Be dogged and persist.

My Comments:
I like getting this now... there has been so much that has fallen by the wayside because of various "have to" issues in my life. I'm pleased to see hopefulness here. I don't even have to try to decide which of the many "dropped" things Ilbe is talking about... opportunities will arise and the way will open.....

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Not deciding which of the many "dropped" things to go after is a way of being more open to whatever wants to come through at this time.

There may be a lesson here for me as well

7:21 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

And on that note, I went to the online faerie oracle and drew the Singer of the Chalice "With the help of the Singer of the Chalice and of the faeries, you, too, can get this one feeling that is all the good feelings in one--unconditional love, trust, hope, healing, patience, and so on. Open is open. Be open. If you don't know how, ask. It is right there." I guess today is about being open. It made me chuckle.

A friend of mine thinks she saw a faerie by her bed the other night.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Jesa said...

Cheryl, if she thinks she saw one, she probably did. It's not a thing most people think without cause... ;-) And the Singer of the Chalice is a *wonderful* card to get!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Well just a few days before she had asked to see one, so I expect she did. She said she didn't see wings. Do they have to have wings? This is my friend in Oregon that I want to bring with me to meet you.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Jesa said...

They have wings if and when they want to... they have certain advantages over us. Look forward to meeting your friend!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home